Global Currency Exchange Network T/A GC Partners is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 (Registration no: 504346). You can find us on the FCA register by clicking here and entering in our name or registration number.

As part of our duty to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, we are required to identify and verify all our customers. Please do not be alarmed when you’re asked to verify your identity; this is a company policy, and we are unable to provide our services to you without identifying and verifying you. 

Once you’ve registered with us you may be asked to provide documentation to verify your identity. You may see a request for this when you log into your account, or your account manager will be in touch to request information from you. 

We can accept the below documentation and will need 1 document from the Proof of Identity list (this is the photo ID part), and 1 document from the Proof of Address list (this evidence’s that you live at your address).

Please note: Do not send us any original documents in the post. Take a clear photo of the document and upload it to your account for us to review. 

Proof of Identity List – Photo ID 

  • Valid signed passport
  • Valid photo-card full UK driver’s licence – we cannot accept provisional licences
  • European National Identity card (for Non-UK Nationals)
  • Identity card issued by the Electoral Office for Northern Ireland
  • European Permanent Resident card

If you’re struggling to provide any of the above, just get in touch and let us know – we’ll be able to help you.

Proof of Address List

Please note the proof of address document must be dated within the last 3 months unless there is an exception written in brackets.

  • Current bank statement, issued by a regulated financial sector firm in the UK, EU or an equivalent jurisdiction – unfortunately we cannot accept credit card statements 
  • Gas, electric or landline utility bills – unfortunately we cannot accept mobile phone bills 
  • Local authority council tax bill (this can be for the current council tax year)
  • Council or housing association rent card for the current year
  • Signed Tenancy agreement (for the current year)
  • Valid UK or EEA driving licence that states a residential address (may be used as proof of address or identity but not both)

For UAE Customers 

  • Emirates ID card can be accepted in replacement of any of the above
  • Property Title Deed (dated within 3 months)
  • A signed tenancy contract dated older than 3 months but no older than 12 months can be accepted when accompanied by a Confirmation of Address Disclosure Form (Please request from account manager)

If you’re struggling to provide any of the above, just get in touch and let us know – we’ll be able to help you.

Important to Note

  • Unfortunately, we cannot accept one document for both forms of identity 
  • Unless stated otherwise above, we cannot accept a proof of address document older than 3 months, even if it has been certified within the past 3 months
  • We’re unable to accept a provisional driver’s licence, mobile phone bill or credit card statement. 

If you have any questions at all about anything written here, just get in touch – you can find our contact details here.