Are you ready to start your career in a rapidly progressing company with service at the heart of everything we do? Then you’ve come to the right place.
We are GC Partners and we are a specialist financial exchange company. We help Private and Corporate clients move their money at the best rate, using our 20 years of experience, our bespoke technology and dedication to customer service. We have 6 offices around the globe including Hong Kong and Dubai, with further expansion in the future.
Most importantly, we are an employee ownership trust, meaning our employees act as owners and partners in the business and all work towards a common goal: with clients at the heart of our business, we deliver efficient, yet simple end-to-end payment solutions through best-in-class service with market-leading technology.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Officer to join our busy and growing Hong Kong office.
If you have a collaborative and adaptable work ethic, a drive for success and are looking for your next opportunity then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for an individual who currently possesses the following skills:
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail and sound business acumen
- A flexible, collaborative and strong team player with the ability to work on their own initiative
- Demonstrate strong time management skills and be able to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Review and monitor the FX booking with liquidity providers and the successful processing of the deals
- Complete daily monitoring of the bank accounts and allocation of incoming funds
- Handle the processing of various transactions to facilitate the successful FX deal settlement within cut-off times
- Investigate and work with corresponding stakeholders, both internal and external to resolve any FX and payment issues
- Trace individual payment status with respective counterparty banks to update account managers or update directly to clients
- Review, monitor and process individual inward and outward payments to ensure all are compliant with AML and internal rules
- Investigate and report suspicious activity to the MLRO
- Accommodate Account Manager enquiries in a timely and efficient manner, including queries on past payments and client queries
- Assist in the creation, review and update of operation procedures with respective stakeholders to comply with policies and drive efficiency
- Complete other duties relevant to the role as requested by the Country Manager
Qualification & Experience
- Basic knowledge of domestic and international payments guidelines, scheme rules and regulatory framework, working knowledge of AML procedures, and understanding of reconciliation processes and statement reporting
- 2+ years proven experience in a Payments or Back Office role for a financial services business, payment business or retail bank preferred
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Cantonese, Mandarin is a plus
Benefits of working at GC Partners
- Workplace pension – employer contributions
- Complimentary Health insurance
- Bonus (subject to company performance)
- Employee ownership trust (After 12 months of service)
- Employee assistance programme
- A truly global business with opportunities for growth
If you are interested in joining the GC team, please email your CV and contact details to [email protected].