The Junior Payments Officer will be responsible for daily payments processing and ad-hoc duties, including processing client money transactions, identifying client money issues whenever they arise, and maintaining meticulous records.
We are looking for an individual who currently possesses the following skills:
- Highly motivated.
- Pro-active with the willingness to go the extra.
- Effective time management and a proactive and methodical approach.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction accurately.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Competent IT skills.
- High level of accuracy & Good attention to detail flexible.
- Responsible for all Back Office duties related to payments, ensuring all payments are processed accurately and promptly, complying with all procedures.
- Complete daily monitoring of several banks and the bank accounts and allocation of incoming funds.
- Prioritise workflow to ensure all currency payment cut-off times are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure telephone calls and emails are responded to in a prompt, precise, and professional manner.
- Deal with general Account Manager enquiries in a timely and efficient manner, including queries on past payments and client queries.
- Work effectively within the Back Office team to maximise potential and deliver results.
- Assist in the creation, review, and update of procedures with the wider team regularly.
- Actively seek to improve processes and workflows, provide solutions to operational problems and suggest improvements.
- Support the identification, management, and resolution of service-affecting incidents, promptly highlighting them to the Head of Back Office.
- Complete other duties relevant to the role as requested by the Head of Back Office.
- Basic knowledge of domestic and international payment guidelines, scheme rules, and regulatory framework, working knowledge of AML procedures, and understanding of reconciliation processes and statement reporting.
Qualification & Experience
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail and sound business acumen.
- Be able to build trusting and collaborative relationships across the Business.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, collaborative team player with the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Have meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrate basic IT skills, including Internet and email, computers, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Demonstrate strong time management skills with the ability to work across multiple projects effectively.
- Have the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and successfully prioritise a varied and very demanding workload.
- Good working knowledge of relevant Compliance obligations.