Client Money Solutions
Find out how we helped this Mexican restaurant chain raise funds via their latest Burrito Bond offering.
Chilango Case Study
A mini bond solution
Having been introduced to GC Partners by their compliance consultants, this well known high street restaurant chain needed a Fund solution to receive the investments into their soon to be launched mini-bond. Using the Investment Solutions platform, GC Partners were able to provide a managed solution which included Chilango branded online payment page to allow investors to register, upload ID documents and book investments, investor due diligence & compliance checking and segregated Client Money bank accounts. There was a relatively tight deadline, but GC Partners managed to set up the entire solution to allow Chilango’s investment vehicle to launch on the scheduled date.
The solution provided to the client included:
- 2 segregated client money bank accounts – one for investors to pay funds into and the other to hold only cleared funds (every payment is auto-swept to the cleared account once the application has been processed)
- Chilango branded payments web page which seamlessly registers clients, providing them with a unique Client ID and allowing them to book their investments with ease.
- A dual payment process – when a client books an investment via the branded page they can chose to pay by either bank transfer or debit card. If they select bank transfer they are provided with a unique payment reference number so payments are processed in a smooth and efficient fashion. If an investor chooses to pay by debit card they can enter their details into the hosted page, removing the requirement for the client to be PCI compliant
- Investor due diligence platform which includes AML checks to validate every investor before their funds are processed.
- Chilango branded emails to investors to reconfirm bank details and unique payment reference, notify them when funds have been received, when card payments have been processed successfully etc.
- Detailed reporting available via the API integration to show the live status of every investor and their payments – this enables the client to not only keep up to speed with all updates, but it provides them with a live list of investors who need to be contacted to improve the investor relations process
- Detailed daily emails displaying the total amount of funds pledged, funds cleared and funds pending compliance checks.
- The Investment dashboard tool which not only gives a raft of functionality, but also provides an investor CRM system complete with a client profile page, a bespoke ticketing system ability to access statements and lists of every payment the investor have actioned.